The Portas Review – An Independant review into the Future of our High Streets.
Mary Portas of “Queen of Shops” fame, who was hired by the Prime Minister and UK Government to undertake this six month review in May, has recommended that “Town Teams” be empowered to take on more responsibilities and become “Super-BIDs” and that Landlords should invest in their Business Improvement District.
The report comprises of case studies and a summary of 28 recommendations all aimed at reviving Town Centres and High Streets.
Read the full list of recommendations here and let us know your own thoughts. Do you agree with her recommendations?
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- We spend thousands each year removing graffiti from businesses. Now much loved public monuments targeted #disgrace http://t.co/97xrw8zQAk #,
- Garth Brooks might not be coming but Dublin is still going Country this weekend. http://t.co/EqhjYiXJ9G #,
- #DublinGoesCountry from this Friday-all you need for Busking trails, barndances & bluegrass is right here http://t.co/gt1tjihjsj #LoveDublin #,
- RT @DCCTraffic: The collision on Harcourt Street @ Hatch Street has been cleared. No delays on approach. #,
- Great idea - billboard ads that double as public seating. Could definitely work in Dublin http://t.co/LucI4l6eel via @cityintersect #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C