The Portas Review – An Independant review into the Future of our High Streets.
Mary Portas of “Queen of Shops” fame, who was hired by the Prime Minister and UK Government to undertake this six month review in May, has recommended that “Town Teams” be empowered to take on more responsibilities and become “Super-BIDs” and that Landlords should invest in their Business Improvement District.
The report comprises of case studies and a summary of 28 recommendations all aimed at reviving Town Centres and High Streets.
Read the full list of recommendations here and let us know your own thoughts. Do you agree with her recommendations?
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- Dublin City as you've never seen it before via @thejournal_ie http://t.co/VXCf6eEGRv #,
- TheGasCompany.ie Showroom in Capel St has recently been added to Dublintown.ie site. It is a perfect stop for all... http://t.co/ocHVbzoM5B #,
- RT @PurpleFlagIE: Looking forward to meet Carlow stakeholders next week introducing Purple Flag @Carlow_Co_Co @carlowchamber @EigseCarlow with @DublinCityBID #,
- Cruise ship season 2014 began in Dublin Port this month with the arrival of the vessel Discovery on April 1st and... http://t.co/gVpR9wJX6o #,
- Last Saturday, Dublin City Council teamed up with Dublin Bikes to promote Giro d'Italia 2014. The city saw... http://t.co/gFmG2MEpfp #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C