The Portas Review – An Independant review into the Future of our High Streets.
Mary Portas of “Queen of Shops” fame, who was hired by the Prime Minister and UK Government to undertake this six month review in May, has recommended that “Town Teams” be empowered to take on more responsibilities and become “Super-BIDs” and that Landlords should invest in their Business Improvement District.
The report comprises of case studies and a summary of 28 recommendations all aimed at reviving Town Centres and High Streets.
Read the full list of recommendations here and let us know your own thoughts. Do you agree with her recommendations?
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- Before & After: Graffiti removal from the vacant Ed's Barbers premises on Upper Abbey Street. http://t.co/Lu7fLS62hg #,
- Irish Independent writes a lovely article about the Grafton St switch-on http://t.co/Ey6BcVBLez. For more press... http://t.co/BPJYkqvraD #,
- Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe Ilac Centre has been recently added to the Dublintown.ie site. To learn more about... http://t.co/1lhMb3a6NS #,
- RT @dublinbusnews: Due to an accident on the N4 Routes 25 26 66/a/b are diverted from Chapelizod via Ballyfermot to N4 at Liffey Valley #,
- Back to the Future: Upper O'Connell St in the 1950's. Photo courtesy of http://t.co/ZPkDPBqAFX. http://t.co/FTg0TzNsKG #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C