The Portas Review – An Independant review into the Future of our High Streets.
Mary Portas of “Queen of Shops” fame, who was hired by the Prime Minister and UK Government to undertake this six month review in May, has recommended that “Town Teams” be empowered to take on more responsibilities and become “Super-BIDs” and that Landlords should invest in their Business Improvement District.
The report comprises of case studies and a summary of 28 recommendations all aimed at reviving Town Centres and High Streets.
Read the full list of recommendations here and let us know your own thoughts. Do you agree with her recommendations?
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- Irish riders confirmed for this years' Giro d'Italia . Remember the race comes to Dublin on May 11. http://t.co/l6c8KJ78HZ #,
- Details about the latest traffic diversions for the @LuasCrossCity around Marlborough Street from May https://t.co/LTrKcfMKkX #,
- #BIDStats: Our Ambassadors and Night Crew have recorded almost 17,000 business and tourist queries since Jan 1. http://t.co/lokFaKjYzi #,
- RT @LordMayorDublin: Happy world book day! Which @DublinLitAward shortlist title to read next? @CllrOisinQuinn @DublinCityofLit #BookDay http://t.co/p8m9GYxvpA #,
- So it looks like we'll be seeing Penneys stateside from next year! Are you excited yet Boston? http://t.co/rtvk2o70aE #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C