Press Release: Dublin city centre open for business and ready for an extra busy Bank Holiday weekend
Businesses in Dublin city centre will be open and trading normally this June bank holiday weekend, while a number of events take place in the city.
Speaking on behalf of Dublin City Business Improvement District, which represents 2,500 business in the city centre, Richard Guiney, CEO said: ‘We are concerned at a number of reports that have suggested that people would be better off staying away from the city centre this weekend. All our member businesses, from large department stores and shopping centres to smaller shops, restaurants and bars are open and trading normally this weekend. While access for cars will be slightly restricted in some areas, the City Council and Gardai have done great work to ensure that people can still get around the city easily – whether on foot or via public transport. The city’s car parks are accessible with the exception of Fleet Street.
We’re looking forward to a busy and successful weekend for business that showcases the very best of Dublin city centre and we’d encourage people to come in and experience all that your capital city has to offer. Dublin City BID will also be providing free onstreet children’s entertainment in the form of giant games on both South Anne Street and Henry Street from 12-3pm.’
See the ‘What’s On’ section of www.DublinTown.ie for a full listing of all the events taking place in the city and follow @DublinTown_ie on Twitter for live updates of what’s happening in town as it happens and info on getting around.
Bavaria City Racing Dublin takes place in the city from midday until 5pm on Sunday 3rd June. The event is expected to attract over 100,000 spectators. Pedestrian access to the city centre will be maintained throughout the event and temporary pedestrian bridges will be located on College St, D’Olier St and Westmoreland St.
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- RT @DublinTown: There is no better place to be when the sun shines so here are our top five things to do in #DublinTown today!! http://t.co/SfGrpKVAoz #,
- New York city turning underused pay-phones into on street Wi-Fi hotspots. http://t.co/p1o8f3rA1w #,
- RT @libertiesdublin: Fully supporting @GuineyR @DublinCityBID comments on the costs of graffiti removal &its impact on city & morale http://t.co/kMXv8cjT5r #,
- RT @DublinTown: ICYMI: Dublin is going Country crazy this weekend. More info here: http://t.co/DvMM3bYKrW #DublinGoesCountry #,
- Fair play to @DubCityCouncil staff who are cleaning Molly Malone this minute after she was graffiti tagged earlier. http://t.co/xR9Plt7UEt #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C