On today June 6th, Dublin City Business Improvement District hosted a conference entitled “Competitive City and Town Centres” in The Westbury Hotel.
A panel of speakers discussed initiatives which can create the right environment for our cities and towns to compete more effectively with ‘out of town’ shopping centres, in a challenging economic environment. Speakers shared their insights into successful commercial district management.
Matt Cooper, TV/Radio broadcaster chaired the conference and Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan TD delivered the opening address. Speakers included:
- Feargal Quinn, Superquinn founder, Independent Senator, and presenter of Feargal Quinn’s Retail Therapy (RTE);
- Andy Godfrey, Policy Manager, Alliance Boots;
- Phil Walsh, CEO, Good’s of Kilkenny;
- Paul Cadden, Owner, Saba Restaurant, past President of the Restaurant Association of Ireland;
- Richard Guiney, CEO, Dublin City BID
To read the provided speeches and presentations please click here.
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- Brilliant time lapse video of the Christmas rush on Grafton Street. http://t.co/64db3WLKeA #,
- If you haven't already seen our Dublin at Christmas festive lights video have a look! http://t.co/EZZ0f7CcWi #,
- A lovely piece in The Irish Sun on the Shop & Drop initiative. For more press clippings, please visit... http://t.co/L0VX8RPytq #,
- RT @DublinTown: Check out the beautiful Christmas lights of #Dublintown in our new #dublinatchristmas video #lovedublin http://t.co/uTr7OtpP1n #,
- RT @DublinTown: Have you used our #ShopnDrop Service yet ? you could be in with a chance to win a €50 leap card http://t.co/ZwJPnPT9AF #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C