On today June 6th, Dublin City Business Improvement District hosted a conference entitled “Competitive City and Town Centres” in The Westbury Hotel.
A panel of speakers discussed initiatives which can create the right environment for our cities and towns to compete more effectively with ‘out of town’ shopping centres, in a challenging economic environment. Speakers shared their insights into successful commercial district management.
Matt Cooper, TV/Radio broadcaster chaired the conference and Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan TD delivered the opening address. Speakers included:
- Feargal Quinn, Superquinn founder, Independent Senator, and presenter of Feargal Quinn’s Retail Therapy (RTE);
- Andy Godfrey, Policy Manager, Alliance Boots;
- Phil Walsh, CEO, Good’s of Kilkenny;
- Paul Cadden, Owner, Saba Restaurant, past President of the Restaurant Association of Ireland;
- Richard Guiney, CEO, Dublin City BID
To read the provided speeches and presentations please click here.
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- Back to the future: O'Connell Street with bikes from 1946 http://t.co/02R4IF0yXt #,
- Ruin Academy in Taipei is a pretty innovative project of reintroducing abandon buildings to the urban space.... http://t.co/U0Zw38jKEv #,
- Check out @IrishTimesMag today for the Best of Dublin lists @ParisBakeryDub & @musashi_sushi in there with many other great spots #,
- Lovely weekend issue of The Irish Times Magazine dedicated to amazing places across Dublin. http://t.co/DIeaRgRXA7 #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C