On today June 6th, Dublin City Business Improvement District hosted a conference entitled “Competitive City and Town Centres” in The Westbury Hotel.
A panel of speakers discussed initiatives which can create the right environment for our cities and towns to compete more effectively with ‘out of town’ shopping centres, in a challenging economic environment. Speakers shared their insights into successful commercial district management.
Matt Cooper, TV/Radio broadcaster chaired the conference and Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan TD delivered the opening address. Speakers included:
- Feargal Quinn, Superquinn founder, Independent Senator, and presenter of Feargal Quinn’s Retail Therapy (RTE);
- Andy Godfrey, Policy Manager, Alliance Boots;
- Phil Walsh, CEO, Good’s of Kilkenny;
- Paul Cadden, Owner, Saba Restaurant, past President of the Restaurant Association of Ireland;
- Richard Guiney, CEO, Dublin City BID
To read the provided speeches and presentations please click here.
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- Our Ambassadors at our Stephens Green Information Kiosk have a visitor @DublinSeagulls http://t.co/NWpLxdw0sf #,
- RT @DublinTown: Dublin Town is going Country & Western crazy this weekend! #DublinGoesCountry Details here: http://t.co/UejDBpBxo7 #,
- RT @DublinTown: Our Video reached over 200,000 views on #Youtube this week! Check it out & tell us what you love about #Dublintown http://t.co/MYEVLlqGfV #,
- RT @DublinTown: There is no better place to be when the sun shines so here are our top five things to do in #DublinTown today!! http://t.co/SfGrpKVAoz #,
- New York city turning underused pay-phones into on street Wi-Fi hotspots. http://t.co/p1o8f3rA1w #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C