On today June 6th, Dublin City Business Improvement District hosted a conference entitled “Competitive City and Town Centres” in The Westbury Hotel.
A panel of speakers discussed initiatives which can create the right environment for our cities and towns to compete more effectively with ‘out of town’ shopping centres, in a challenging economic environment. Speakers shared their insights into successful commercial district management.
Matt Cooper, TV/Radio broadcaster chaired the conference and Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan TD delivered the opening address. Speakers included:
- Feargal Quinn, Superquinn founder, Independent Senator, and presenter of Feargal Quinn’s Retail Therapy (RTE);
- Andy Godfrey, Policy Manager, Alliance Boots;
- Phil Walsh, CEO, Good’s of Kilkenny;
- Paul Cadden, Owner, Saba Restaurant, past President of the Restaurant Association of Ireland;
- Richard Guiney, CEO, Dublin City BID
To read the provided speeches and presentations please click here.
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- Great idea - billboard ads that double as public seating. Could definitely work in Dublin http://t.co/LucI4l6eel via @cityintersect #,
- RT @DublinTown: Customers& neighbours today paying tribute to Ester, the well known the street trader who sadly passed away last week http://t.co/SGCbTu0GHj #,
- RT @DublinTown: Dublin: A City of Firsts -. Check out our new blogpost here #LoveDublin http://t.co/UUCJD3G5QG #,
- A very old photo of 45 Grafton Street #LoveDublin http://t.co/mYxbyqKRsh #,
- RT @LuasCrossCity: Molly Malone has been officially unveiled at her temporary location on Suffolk Street. http://t.co/igdV3uDGx2 #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C