On today June 6th, Dublin City Business Improvement District hosted a conference entitled “Competitive City and Town Centres” in The Westbury Hotel.
A panel of speakers discussed initiatives which can create the right environment for our cities and towns to compete more effectively with ‘out of town’ shopping centres, in a challenging economic environment. Speakers shared their insights into successful commercial district management.
Matt Cooper, TV/Radio broadcaster chaired the conference and Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan TD delivered the opening address. Speakers included:
- Feargal Quinn, Superquinn founder, Independent Senator, and presenter of Feargal Quinn’s Retail Therapy (RTE);
- Andy Godfrey, Policy Manager, Alliance Boots;
- Phil Walsh, CEO, Good’s of Kilkenny;
- Paul Cadden, Owner, Saba Restaurant, past President of the Restaurant Association of Ireland;
- Richard Guiney, CEO, Dublin City BID
To read the provided speeches and presentations please click here.
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- RT @DublinTown: An amazing night tonight for @1city1book Celebrating Seamus Heaney @NCH_Music well done @DubCityCouncil and all http://t.co/eqdamDH4tv #,
- The @girostart2014 business briefing about to begin in the Mansion House. Great to see a full room. #,
- Irish riders confirmed for this years' Giro d'Italia . Remember the race comes to Dublin on May 11. http://t.co/l6c8KJ78HZ #,
- Details about the latest traffic diversions for the @LuasCrossCity around Marlborough Street from May https://t.co/LTrKcfMKkX #,
- #BIDStats: Our Ambassadors and Night Crew have recorded almost 17,000 business and tourist queries since Jan 1. http://t.co/lokFaKjYzi #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C