On today June 6th, Dublin City Business Improvement District hosted a conference entitled “Competitive City and Town Centres” in The Westbury Hotel.
A panel of speakers discussed initiatives which can create the right environment for our cities and towns to compete more effectively with ‘out of town’ shopping centres, in a challenging economic environment. Speakers shared their insights into successful commercial district management.
Matt Cooper, TV/Radio broadcaster chaired the conference and Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan TD delivered the opening address. Speakers included:
- Feargal Quinn, Superquinn founder, Independent Senator, and presenter of Feargal Quinn’s Retail Therapy (RTE);
- Andy Godfrey, Policy Manager, Alliance Boots;
- Phil Walsh, CEO, Good’s of Kilkenny;
- Paul Cadden, Owner, Saba Restaurant, past President of the Restaurant Association of Ireland;
- Richard Guiney, CEO, Dublin City BID
To read the provided speeches and presentations please click here.
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- TheGasCompany.ie Showroom in Capel St has recently been added to Dublintown.ie site. It is a perfect stop for all... http://t.co/ocHVbzoM5B #,
- RT @PurpleFlagIE: Looking forward to meet Carlow stakeholders next week introducing Purple Flag @Carlow_Co_Co @carlowchamber @EigseCarlow with @DublinCityBID #,
- Cruise ship season 2014 began in Dublin Port this month with the arrival of the vessel Discovery on April 1st and... http://t.co/gVpR9wJX6o #,
- Last Saturday, Dublin City Council teamed up with Dublin Bikes to promote Giro d'Italia 2014. The city saw... http://t.co/gFmG2MEpfp #,
- RT @aaroadwatch: DUBLIN: Demonstration in the city shortly. Approx 10,000 ppl expected to travel from Parnell Square to Molesworth St. http://t.co/s3QWhmNzLp #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C