On today June 6th, Dublin City Business Improvement District hosted a conference entitled “Competitive City and Town Centres” in The Westbury Hotel.
A panel of speakers discussed initiatives which can create the right environment for our cities and towns to compete more effectively with ‘out of town’ shopping centres, in a challenging economic environment. Speakers shared their insights into successful commercial district management.
Matt Cooper, TV/Radio broadcaster chaired the conference and Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan TD delivered the opening address. Speakers included:
- Feargal Quinn, Superquinn founder, Independent Senator, and presenter of Feargal Quinn’s Retail Therapy (RTE);
- Andy Godfrey, Policy Manager, Alliance Boots;
- Phil Walsh, CEO, Good’s of Kilkenny;
- Paul Cadden, Owner, Saba Restaurant, past President of the Restaurant Association of Ireland;
- Richard Guiney, CEO, Dublin City BID
To read the provided speeches and presentations please click here.
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- Night embracing Docklands. Photo courtesy of A Pen Pusher's Quest. http://t.co/Wtl7ZID8YS #,
- RT @aaroadwatch: DUBLIN: Traffic is busy now in Dublin ahead of the Ireland v Italy match at the Aviva at 2.30pm. For further info see http://t.co/U01TuPjPHq #,
- RT @DublinTown: What a beautiful evening as the sun sets in #DublinTown #LoveDublin - what do you think @VisitDublin http://t.co/txp9Xr21Rh #,
- http://t.co/7OEayK0OeJ #,
- RT @DublinTown: Have you seen this months new Story on @louis_copeland on Dublintown.ie, 'A Tailor Made Day in Dublin'. #DublinTown http://t.co/ULS3xCxxSb #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C