On today June 6th, Dublin City Business Improvement District hosted a conference entitled “Competitive City and Town Centres” in The Westbury Hotel.
A panel of speakers discussed initiatives which can create the right environment for our cities and towns to compete more effectively with ‘out of town’ shopping centres, in a challenging economic environment. Speakers shared their insights into successful commercial district management.
Matt Cooper, TV/Radio broadcaster chaired the conference and Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan TD delivered the opening address. Speakers included:
- Feargal Quinn, Superquinn founder, Independent Senator, and presenter of Feargal Quinn’s Retail Therapy (RTE);
- Andy Godfrey, Policy Manager, Alliance Boots;
- Phil Walsh, CEO, Good’s of Kilkenny;
- Paul Cadden, Owner, Saba Restaurant, past President of the Restaurant Association of Ireland;
- Richard Guiney, CEO, Dublin City BID
To read the provided speeches and presentations please click here.
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- RT @thomasstreetdub: Fully supporting @GuineyR @DublinCityBID comments on the costs of graffiti removal &its impact on city & morale http://t.co/kMXv8cjT5r #,
- RT @DublinTown: ICYMI: Dublin is going Country crazy this weekend. More info here: http://t.co/DvMM3bYKrW #DublinGoesCountry #,
- Fair play to @DubCityCouncil staff who are cleaning Molly Malone this minute after she was graffiti tagged earlier. http://t.co/xR9Plt7UEt #,
- RT @ColmHand: The Molly Malone statue which was vandalised with graffiti last night has just been cleaned #rtenews http://t.co/3sUlZMQgjB #,
- We spend thousands each year removing graffiti from businesses. Now much loved public monuments targeted #disgrace http://t.co/97xrw8zQAk #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C