On today June 6th, Dublin City Business Improvement District hosted a conference entitled “Competitive City and Town Centres” in The Westbury Hotel.
A panel of speakers discussed initiatives which can create the right environment for our cities and towns to compete more effectively with ‘out of town’ shopping centres, in a challenging economic environment. Speakers shared their insights into successful commercial district management.
Matt Cooper, TV/Radio broadcaster chaired the conference and Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan TD delivered the opening address. Speakers included:
- Feargal Quinn, Superquinn founder, Independent Senator, and presenter of Feargal Quinn’s Retail Therapy (RTE);
- Andy Godfrey, Policy Manager, Alliance Boots;
- Phil Walsh, CEO, Good’s of Kilkenny;
- Paul Cadden, Owner, Saba Restaurant, past President of the Restaurant Association of Ireland;
- Richard Guiney, CEO, Dublin City BID
To read the provided speeches and presentations please click here.
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- RT @BUMBLEance: You & you, not forgetting you, you and of course you! Are invited to experience #BUMBLEance in Dublin this Friday http://t.co/0OjkTcDUjo #,
- The Herald writes about Dublin City Council's ''Christmas Parking Promotion in which motorists who pay for a... http://t.co/vPLE9LTBCz #,
- Before & After: Graffiti removal from the vacant Ed's Barbers premises on Upper Abbey Street. http://t.co/Lu7fLS62hg #,
- Irish Independent writes a lovely article about the Grafton St switch-on http://t.co/Ey6BcVBLez. For more press... http://t.co/BPJYkqvraD #,
- Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe Ilac Centre has been recently added to the Dublintown.ie site. To learn more about... http://t.co/1lhMb3a6NS #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C