On today June 6th, Dublin City Business Improvement District hosted a conference entitled “Competitive City and Town Centres” in The Westbury Hotel.
A panel of speakers discussed initiatives which can create the right environment for our cities and towns to compete more effectively with ‘out of town’ shopping centres, in a challenging economic environment. Speakers shared their insights into successful commercial district management.
Matt Cooper, TV/Radio broadcaster chaired the conference and Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan TD delivered the opening address. Speakers included:
- Feargal Quinn, Superquinn founder, Independent Senator, and presenter of Feargal Quinn’s Retail Therapy (RTE);
- Andy Godfrey, Policy Manager, Alliance Boots;
- Phil Walsh, CEO, Good’s of Kilkenny;
- Paul Cadden, Owner, Saba Restaurant, past President of the Restaurant Association of Ireland;
- Richard Guiney, CEO, Dublin City BID
To read the provided speeches and presentations please click here.
Leave a comment
Most Recent Tweets
- We'll keep you updated on the Grafton Street Improvement Scheme but you should also give @GraftonStQtr a follow as well for the latest news #,
- The full Dublin City Council press release about the Grafton Street redevelopment works. http://t.co/M1XZZNTPuV #,
- Our Ambassador Dave met the captain of MV Voyager last weekend to help cruiser tourists to get to the city centre http://t.co/eIYWDqQ7rL #,
- The Dublin City Council video detailing the improvement works starting shortly on Grafton Street. http://t.co/yx6lgY9tj1 #,
- @roryenglish Within the next 2 weeks. Due to begin at the Stephen's Green end. #,
Today18°C / 10°C
Tue18°C / 13°C
Wed18°C / 12°C